Blueberry Hand Pies with a Cream Cheese Glaze
- Premade Pie Crust
- 1.5 cups cups Fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Lemon juice from one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- 2 tablespoons Water to make Corn Starch Slurry
- 1 Egg for Egg wash and sealing pies together
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE (OPTIONAL)
- 1oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tbs Butter
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add your blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon to a medium sized sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and Blueberries begin to break down. Continue cooking until thickened.
- Once thickened, in a small bowl combine corn starch and water to make a slurry. Add to your pot and continue cooking until it's a glob like consistency then set aside to cool.
- Next preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and start unrolling your pie crust. Cut the crust into 3 - 3.5 inch circles. Make as many as you can and keep rolling out the dough scraps to make more.
- Whisk one egg in a small bowl. Now fill each pie circle with about 1 tsp of blueberry filling then lightly coat half of the inside of the edges with egg wash to help them seal. Fold the crust over and seal. Continue doing this until all your pies are done.
- Place you hand pies on a silicone mat or parchment paper, coat each one with egg wash then bake for 12 minutes or golden brown.
- While they're baking you can now start your (optional) cream cheese glaze by mixing cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined and all lumps are dissolved.
When pies are finished cooking, let them cool ideally on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes before glazing them.
That's it! Enjoy!
Other posts you might like
Check out our store! For over 10 years we've been handcrafting things like Soap, Bath Salts, Salves and we even make gift baskets! Shopping with us is supporting small farms and Mom and Pop shops! You can find all our products in the link above or the drop down bars in the top right of your phone. Thanks for reading!
To be updated with future blogs and sales, follow us on Facebook!